How to make Golden (Turmeric) Milk
Turmeric milk is a great way to
- 1 cup homemade almond milk* (or store-bought, preferably unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (or 3/4 tsp fresh, finely grated)
- 4 black peppercorns (freshly crushed into fine powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp avocado oil** (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup*** (optional)
In a small pan, mix turmeric, ground peppercorn, and cinnamon, with almond milk. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat stirring it a couple of times with a whisk or fork.
Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Let the golden milk simmer for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat. Add avocado oil and maple syrup and mix. Waterfall the milk into your favorite cup. Enjoy hot with a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper!
*can also use hemp milk. If using hemp milk, you don't need to add any oil/fat as the milk is naturally high in fat.
**I have added avocado oil. You can replace it with coconut oil; but it is high in saturated fat. Another alternative is unsweetened, shredded dry coconut; add 2 tsp instead of coconut oil. Don't forget to strain the milk to get the smooth texture.
***increase maple syrup to 2tsp if you like your drink to be a tad sweeter.
- Replace almond milk with dairy
- replace avocado oil with ghee
Serving: 1cupCalories: 78kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSodium: 22mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gCalcium: 30mgIron: 0.2mg