Energizing Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
Enjoy this sumptuous, energizing chocolate cherry smoothie, prepared within 20 minutes, for breakfast or a quick snack in between meals. It tastes like a good-for-you dessert.
Cherry pitter (optional)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (no-waste recipe, or store bought)
- 1/3 cup water (filtered, preferably at room temperature)
- 1/4 avocado* (ripe, peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 cup cherries (fresh or frozen, fresh used in this recipe)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder**
- 1/3 cup chick peas (cooked, or sub with 1/2 scoop of plant-based protein powder)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt (Pink Himalayan used, optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp unsweetened dried shredded coconut flakes
- 5 leaves fresh mint (optional)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (or equal amount ground flax seeds)
- 1 medjool date (optional)
Have all the ingredients ready near the blender. Wash the cooked chickpeas under running water (if using). Wash cherries and mint leaves under running water. Either use a cherry pitter to pit cherries or cut around the seed.
Add all the ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
*if you are trying to reduce fat in diet, replace avocado with 1/2 a medium-sized banana.
**add 1/2 tbsp more, if you prefer intense chocolate flavor
Calories: 433kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 15gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 297mgPotassium: 805mgFiber: 14gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 151IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 288mgIron: 5mg