Kickstart your morning with this energizing, vitamin- and mineral-rich, glowing green smoothie bowl. It tastes like a dessert in a bowl. Perfect for quick morning breakfast or aftenoon pick me up snack.
Ingredients that taste good and bring a glow inside-out
A food is as healthy and delicious as its ingredients. And this glowing green smoothie bowl is packed with REAL, good-for-you and tasty stuff.
- Banana: if banana is not your favoite, replace with 1 small carrot.
- Kiwi: a great source of vitamin C
- Walnuts, hemp seeds, ground flax seeds: great sources of healthy OMEGA-3 fats, the kind that is largely missing in our diets. You can replace hemp seeds with equal amount ground flax seeds.
- Ginger root: offers anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Baby spinach: great source of vitamins and minerals. Can be substituted with equal amount baby kale.
- Lettuce: I have used romaine lettuce, but other sweeter varities of lettuce, i.e., butter lettuce, should work as well.
Health Coach Tips
- Be your own body and mind detective. See how this smoothie works for you. Do you feel energized?
- This smoothie works great as a quick breakfast and keeps you full for a long time as it's high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
- This vitamin- (particularly A and C) and mineral-rich smoothie is great for skin.
- If you have kidney stones, replace spinach with kale or lettuce as spinach tends to be high in oxalates.
- This glowing green smoothie is high in fiber. Plan on drinking plenty of water throughout the day, otherwise fiber can cause constipation.
- If possible, use organic produce. Pesticides in inorganic produce take a heavy toll on our bodies-espeially hormones.
How to meal plan glowing green smoothie bowl?
- Just make sure you have all the ingredients at hand.
- It's super IMPORTANT to wash all the ingredients thoroughly.
- It's best to make this smoothie fresh.
- If you are in a hurry, soak the blender jar so that you don't have to spend a ton of time and effort in scraping the dried smoothie.
More smoothie/smoothie bowl recipes on TLC
Protein-rich Berry & Mint Smoothie
Glowing Green Smoothie
- 1 cup water (filtered)
- 1/2 banana (peeled)
- 1 kiwi (peeled, use half for smoothie and slice the other half for topping )
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce (can sub with butter or other type of lettuce)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach (washed, can sub with equal amount baby kale)
- 1/2 blood orange (or any other type, for topping, optional)
- 1/4 tsp ginger (fresh, ~1/4" piece, washed and peeled)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (can increase to 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tbsp raw walnuts (~ 4 walnut halves, preferably soaked overnight)
- 1 tbsp raw almonds (~8 almonds, preferably soaked an peeled)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- Wash all the produce under cold, running water. Add all the ingredients excpet hemp seeds, orange slices, kiwi slices (if using as a topping) to a high-speed blender. Blend until smoooth.
- Pour into a bowl or wide-rim glass; garnish with the toppings. Enjoy.
- Replace banana with carrot to lower the sweetness.
- Add 1 tbsp cacao powder if you like the chocolate flavor.
- If you want drinkable consistency, add 1/4 cup of water.